4/22/20

THE OTHER SIDE



There is a path leading from my parking lot to the trail, and instinctively I turn left, walk to the end of it, and then back. This time, however, I turned right.








A large sign instructs trail users to observe social distancing due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and the playground is cordoned off and empty.

















Despite these grim reminders, trees and wildflowers continue to thrive, and bird song fills the air.








































I wonder what lives in this tree, and where the path below leads to.











































































The high school is locked, and there's a no trespassing sign out front.

Will life ever return to the way it was, or are we headed in a new direction?



5 comments:

  1. In many ways, I think it is good that we will be going in a new direction. Shaking hands is always a risk, and perhaps people will be kinder to each other. Your trees are lovely. It reminds me that God is still here and in control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. And all those beautiful photos. I am also a great grandma and missing my family.
    Hopefully things won't ever be the same. There are always lessons to be learned, but will we learn them?
    God has everything in hand.
    And we are going through this time for a reason. Keep writing your blog, lovely lady. Come by mine if you like

    gramswisewords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics sister Sandra. Glad you were able to step out and breathe some fresh air at the same time enjoying God's creations around you. I pray for discernment and no matter what wisdom is thrown by men, I only trust in the Lord and His timing. Be safe and God bless and strengthen you always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty area! I love seeing all those flowering trees.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.