4/17/20

ANOTHER



This post was written for Five Minute Friday
The word prompt--ANOTHER
The rules--set a timer and free write for five minutes.





There's always another way to look at something.

Lately I've become increasingly irritated about all the whiney people posting on Facebook complaining about having to wear face masks, and adding articles to support their view of why we shouldn't have to wear them. I don't understand what the big deal is about having to wear a face mask for a few weeks--or even months, if need be.

Hopefully I'm not contaminated, and therefore not one of the very many people walking around asymptomatic, but I'd rather err on the side of caution and wear a face mask. I'm not doing it to protect me. I'm doing it because I value human life, and if my wearing a mask can result in preventing even one vulnerable, unsuspecting person from contracting the virus and dying because they came in contact with me during senior hour at the store, then it's worth any inconvenience. It's the very least I can do.

We have so many things to be grateful for--even in the midst of this pandemic. Why can't we focus on our blessings instead of seeing each restriction as yet another inconvenience keeping us from doing the things we want to do the way we want to do them?

Today I experienced several unexpected frustrations that did not bring out the best in me. One thing after another kept going wrong, and suddenly I realized I was doing the same thing I was accusing others of doing--letting the frustrations get to me, instead of looking at them from another angle. And now, having said that, my head is suddenly full of thoughts I want to add to this post, but I need to stop because my five minutes is up. 

I could get upset about not having more than five minutes to let it all out, but have chosen, instead, to look at the challenge from a different perspective. I can consider this to be just a synopsis of what's yet to come, and then write another more detailed blog post when I have time to order my thoughts and put them all down in an orderly manner.

5 comments:

  1. I could probably talk for five minutes, but I don't know about writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't written the post yet, when you read it. I only posted it to see if the link was working, LOL. Hope you re-read it.

      Delete
  2. Well, I'm going to let it out,
    and will not be coy;
    I am gonna scream and shout,
    and share with you my joy.
    Sure, the world is in pandemic,
    and survival? that's an IF,
    but I will not become a lemming
    running for the cliff.
    I'll put on my dancing shoes
    (the ones I could afford),
    and will share the happy news
    as I dance before the Lord:
    there's a tomb in which Christ does not lie,
    and 'cause of that, I'll never die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! That's one promise we can look forward to.

      Delete
  3. Well written..I do hear you on the whinny people.
    I am afraid I have been guilty of negative thoughts too but really aiming to be positive and grateful for what we have.
    I agree, masks are important and do wear mine when at the grocery store. It's the least I can do.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.