4/10/20

PATIENCE



Patience has never been my forte. 

So many times I've missed out on the very best God had for me because I tried to rush things and "help" Him along instead of stepping out of the way.

Other times I've missed the mark because I was in such a hurry to complete a project that I overlooked some important detail that could have easily been caught and corrected had I taken the time to go over it more thoroughly.

When I was young, I was all about shortcuts. Now, in my golden years, the lesson has been learned, but oh the things I missed out on along the way.


This post was written for Five Minute Friday. The prompt was PATIENCE.


10 comments:

  1. This hit the mark with me just now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so awesome of you to share this with us all! We are all of us imperfect, and I used to be very impatient as well. But I also found that age has really mellowed that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still learning to master the art of patience. Thank you for the reminder that it is important "step out" of the way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I amm also not gifted in patience. I think I'm getting better, but I have a long way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes! Been there and done that on rushing to "help" God along. So thankful He holds us secure, whatever the world brings us in uncertain times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I can relate to this! All the shortcuts and "helping" that my impatient self did when I was younger, and now I like to think I know better. But of course I need to be reminded to slow down and be patient.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried to take a shortcut
    to get where I should be;
    it seemed a good idea but
    it turned and did bite me.
    I tried to make it all go quick,
    for there's still so much to do!
    but 'done right' really ain't 'done slick',
    and the whole mess came unglued.
    I truly wanted to move on,
    and so I skipped a step
    which, as things had later gone,
    I maybe should have kept.
    I wanted to show God my speed,
    but my 'fast', He didn't need.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch...!!!
    I too try to help the Lord out too often.
    Shortcuts will get the best of me.
    This new "Normal" we are in is all about Patience and Obedience...
    Praying I learn...
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we all have regrets about not slowing down and savoring the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you! The older I get, the more patience I develop (but it's a painful process, at times!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.