4/29/24

ALMOST

T
his post was written for Five Minute Friday
Word prompt--ALMOST
Five minutes to freewrite about it
----------------------------------------------------------
For a long time I worked hard to achieve a very important goal. Several times it looked as though I was almost there, but just not quite. And then, last month I finally achieved it--or so I thought. 

For one whole month I was able to relax and turn my attention to some other almost completed projects that had been put on the back burner. However, just as I started taking my new-found freedom for granted, unexpected setbacks started to pop up that landed me right back in the almost stage instead of across the finish line. 

Yes, I am disappointed, and a bit discouraged, but it does not cancel out the blessing of that one month of freedom, or mean that the Lord won't enable me to move past that frustrating point of almost there once again. 

It is a reminder to trust God and keep my focus on Him rather than on any obstacle in my path. He is in control and has never failed me yet. It is also a reminder to be thankful for each day's blessings, which are many, and to look for them so I don't miss out on any by fretting about the past, which is gone, or worrying about the future, which may never come.

-------------------------
Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you--you of little faith? (Matthew 6:26-30, NIV)

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. But your posts show that you have a tremendous amount of faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you are trying to keep your focus on the Lord and His promises.
    We just have to keep on keeping on and walk in Jesus' footsteps.
    Prayers for you nd me too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine how disappointed you must be. I hope that there are more blessings that come from your trip back to almost than you thought possible. Your #fmf neighbor, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes almost there is a common feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Disappointment is a difficult pill to swallow. But God may have a bigger and better blessing in store for you. We have to keep our focus on God. We need to watch that sky for Jesus. Nothing in this world really matters. It is always a pleasure to be here. You bring encouragement to all of us. Have a wonderful rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your faith and resilience shine through your words. Despite setbacks, you remind us to trust in God's plan and cherish each day's blessings. Your journey inspires us to keep our focus on Him, knowing that He will guide us through every "almost" moment.

    Hugs and blessings, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.