4/18/24

JUST A GALLIMAUFRY

Gallimaufry is a word I was introduced to by my blog friend, Veronica Lee, who posts beautiful selections of photos under that header. I hope she doesn't mind me borrowing her caption just for this post.

According to Dictionary.com, gallimaufry can mean a hodgepodge; a confused jumble or medley of things; or a hash made of meat scraps. And that's what this is, a hodgepodge of thoughts and photos I've wanted to post but didn't get around to, and then they were no longer timely.

The clock was supposed to be for last week's Five Minute Friday prompt, "LIMIT," which I wound up skipping because of limits on my time. Like so many other things that I'd like to be doing, it got put on the back burner in favor of higher priority things that needed to get done, and then I missed the moment. So here goes to a very disjointed this and that.



Can you see the face in this linoleum tile? 

In all the years that linoleum has covered my bathroom floor, I never noticed it before. I'm wondering how I could have missed it when it's right there in front of me every time I sit on the loo.





There's a snowball bush in my parking lot that's full of beautiful fragrant flowers.

And a cat that sits on the rail of a neighbor's balcony when the weather is nice and watches me as I make my way into the courtyard.















This is a Friday Funny I've wanted to share for such a long while that I've forgotten whose post I was going to give credit to for it...









...and this was supposed to be for a Wordless Wednesday post, as was the cute little piggy bank below that I spotted on my last trip to the bank.





The next two pictures are of puzzles I completed with some help from my daughter.  

The round one was 500 pieces, and the other one 750.
















And here's one other thing I just really noticed for the first time (even though I'm sure I've seen it many, many times before without giving it much thought). That little formation opposite the stem end of a navel orange really does look like a belly button.

5 comments:

  1. I did not know this word. It is always fun for me to learn a new word. My problem is to remember it! The cat is lovely, she looks like a Calico. I think I do see a face! It is a side view looking to the left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow Veronica too so am accustomed to that word. It's perfect for a blog post like this.
    I enjoyed your pics. I see the face and the belly button too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see the face! Look like anyone you know?

    I have never seen a round jixsaw puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jigsaw. I knew that wasn't right! 🤦🏻‍♀️

      Delete
  4. Your gallimaufry of thoughts and photos is delightful! It's always a pleasure to see how different elements come together in unexpected ways. I'm thrilled that my use of "gallimaufry" inspired your post. Your pictures are charming, and I particularly love the observation about the navel orange's belly button - such a whimsical detail that often goes unnoticed.

    Hugs and blessings, Sandra.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.