4/27/24

VIEW FROM THE COURTYARD BY DAY AND BY NIGHT

The dandelions in my courtyard bring back childhood memories of making a wish on the puffballs and blowing the seeds away. Do kids even do that anymore?

I found this interesting article on dandelions on Google and learned something new. Although I knew about dandelion tea and the medicinal value of dandelion roots, I never knew that dandelions are members of the sunflower family.























This month's full pink moon was so beautiful, but sadly neither my camera nor my cell phone did a very good job of capturing it. 

According to The Old Farmer's Almanac, the April full moon is so called because it corresponds with the blooming of certain pink wildflowers native to eastern North America. 




4 comments:

  1. I love Dandelions in all their stages. At least you actually got photos of the moon. I did not, due to heavy cloud cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always fail at my moon photos too. Just can't seem to get more than a "head-light" look to them.
    I do like dandelions and their cheerful yellow and puffballs tops... not in my yard though... I always made a wish and blew on the puffs when I was a kid.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your moon photos are a lot better than mine. I like them very much! Such pretty dandelions too. I did not know they are part of the sunflower family, or of its medicinal properties. Thanks for the link. So interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have dandelions like we have had. Instead those "Satan's thorny weeds" are trying to move in and take over after days of days. I remember old timers when I was a kid, making dandelion wine. I love looking up at the moon. At our grandsons baseball game last night we saw a plane go into the heavy white clouds right above the sun but he was gone before I could pull out my i phone. I hope your day is blessed and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.