4/10/24

SOLAR ECLIPSE 2024


Monday's solar eclipse provided an awesome show--even though coverage was only about 87% in my neck of the woods. 

The first picture is a view of the sky from my friend's front porch before the eclipse started. 


I did not know about the filters you could download to your cell phone, so I did not use it to take any pictures. However, I did take a few with my point-and-click camera. 

Mostly what I captured were the interesting little clouds, and the slight change in the color of the sky as the moon made its way across the sun. It went from a brighter shade of blue to a more metallic-looking one.






















Even though it was a partially cloudy day, the clouds were not very thick and they moved quickly, so it did not hamper our ability to view the whole event.


As the eclipse was reaching its peak, the sky darkened some, and although it didn't get completely dark, there was a drop in temperature and we felt quite chilly for a few moments. 

At about that point I did a little experiment and took some pictures with my eclipse glasses over the camera lens. The results were interestingly weird. Obviously not the actual eclipse, but rather, a mysterious capture of I know not what. 

To me they look like abstract paintings. What do you think?






10 comments:

  1. This makes your eclipse different from everyone else's! They look like something out of The Twilight Zone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, like modern art. I like them!

    We saw the eclipse at our homeschool co-op, but my husband set up a telescope and table contraption to project the image here at home. We could see the last few minutes of it on the table's surface when we got home and more of it in the photos he took earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so interesting! Your photos with the glasses are so unusual. I tried that too but it didn't look like anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved that you tried with the glasses and camera. Abstracts perfection.
    not much of anything here in the way of an eclipse. Next complete one for us in California will be 2045. Won't be around for that one.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted pics! And you got a mention. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do indeed resemble abstract paintings, and they're incredibly cool as well!
    Hugs and blessings, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun to experience this through your blog! So, did it really get cooler? That sounds so strange to me. Also, I really enjoyed looking at the photos. Much more enjoyable than on the news because it's connected to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great you could view solar eclipse even it was cloudy friend
    here from Sandi's place
    blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, new to your blog. Found you after discovering a comment from you on my blog. Thank you!! I so enjoyed the eclipse. Went into it thinking, 'what's the big deal?' and I found out. How spectacular to watch the eclipse through my glasses and the to watch the changes visible to my yard with the naked eye. We had lots of interesting cloud cover and long shadows, too. Your photos are lovely. Glad we both were able to experience this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had the eclipse glasses, but not the filters either. I tried putting my eclipse glasses over my phone and my results were interesting, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.