5/4/24

SOME


T
his post was written for Five Minute Friday
Word prompt--SOME
Five minutes to freewrite about it
----------------------------------------------------------
Some days are great, and some days are not so good. (Kind of like the two pennies I found while walking around my parking lot.) And some days are a combination of both highs and lows.

One big and very unexpected high happened on my trip to the dentist for my six-month cleaning and follow-up. 

My teeth have been super sensitive lately and I anticipated some major work would be needed. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that everything was looking good. 

Apparently the Sensodyne Pronamel repair toothpaste I started using has been doing its job.

Life has its ups and downs, but there is always something we can find to be grateful for if we look for it.

--------------------------------

This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalm 118:24, ESV)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7, NIV)

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. (Proverbs 3:5-6, NLT)

The LORD is my strength and shield, I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving. (Psalm 28:7, NLT)

Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.  (James 1:2-4, NLT)

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the LORD, O my soul, and do not forget all His kind deeds--who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. (Psalm 103:1-5, ESV)

12 comments:

  1. A wonderful Sunday devotional! Congrats on your tooth news!! What a relief that must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your dental appt went well!
    Thanks for the verses you shared today, they are always good ones to read again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had good news at your dental appointment, and thank you for sharing these verses. They are a good reminder that God is always the same even in the ups and downs of life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use sensodyne as well. part of the trick is not rinsing it off! helps faster that way. FMF14

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go on the tooth issues. I have heard nothing but good things about Sensodyne.
    Thanks for the great devotional today too. Its encouraging.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that funny slogan you included - 'You don't have to brush all of your teeth, only the ones you want to keep.'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gratitude is a gift that keeps giving isn't it? And hooray for not having to undergo expensive and uncomfortable dental work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice that not much had to be done to your teeth. and also definitely beautiful verses written underneath. I myself am thankful that I am still allowed to be here after having had 2 x the k disease. The lord gives me strength to keep going despite the difficult days I am still undergoing since I had to say goodbye to my husband on 31-10-2021 But I know that when it is my time that he will be ready at the gates of heaven. Life is with falling and stand ups bt i am always grateful that live gives me also lovely moments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your two pennies illustration. It so perfectly pictures how some days have highs, and some days have lows, and some have both! Thanks for sharing all those encouraging verses. We need to remind ourselves of God's goodness to us and how He strengthens and sustains us. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you very much for this post with the speaking pictures. I'm also happy with the Bible verses. What would we do without God and His Word?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your post was such a pick-me-up, Sandra.
    The analogy of the two pennies perfectly captures life's ups and downs. Thanks for sharing your wisdom and faith with us!

    Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.