5/16/24

A BEAUTIFUL GARDEN



This year we celebrated Mother's Day at my grandson's house.

He has a beautiful garden full of different colored roses, sweet smelling peonies, wild daisies, and many other bushes and flowers I don't know the names of.  







































I was particularly intrigued by the holly bush full of blue and turquoise berries. I never knew that's what holly berries look like before they turn red in winter.







The trees were full of birds chirping away as they flitted from branch to branch, and it was such a beautiful day I enjoyed just sitting on the deck and taking it all in. 





I watched my daughter and my future granddaughter-in-law bonding as they picked flowers to turn into Mother's Day bouquets.

































Making the bouquets.












6 comments:

  1. The berries are amazing! And I love the Peonies too. What a lovely family you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice day you had! We had holly plants years ago but they never flowered. I really like those berries too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful day you had. I love all the flower bouquets and family time. Beautiful.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just coming from my blog. You asked what kind of plant was in my photo. It's just a tender new shoot on a pine tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Mother's Day celebration sounds wonderful.
    You have a beautiful family, Sandra.

    Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful Mother's Day celebration! I love seeing all the hand picked flowers going into bouquets! Enjoy a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.