3/25/24

MEADOWLARK BOTANICAL GARDENS: PART 3


So many beautiful flowers and trees.

The daffodils were still blooming, but starting to wilt. I spotted some interesting ones I've never seen before that almost looked like roses, as well as a few really tiny ones I don't think I've never seen before either. 

















I'm not sure what these little blue flowers are, but they were so pretty and there were a lot of them in the grass.





Along the way we saw a couple of Canada geese out for a walk (I was only able to get a shot of one), and a little turtle sitting on a rock in the pond.

The cherry blossoms seemed to have reached their peak, and I was surprised to see some tulips blooming in one corner of the garden. I wonder why only in that spot?



























































As we walked back towards the Visitors Center we saw this giant chess board with life-size pieces on it. I wonder if anyone actually plays a game on it.

It was a lovely day, and I look forward to visiting again.



7 comments:

  1. You got a great photo of the Canada Goose, and the beautiful tulips and Cherry Blossom trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I love the cherry blossoms and the tulips. The chess pieces are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a delightful day for you. The spring tree blossoms are pretty much finished around here. I have seen a few daffodils and tulips, which I love so much.
    I don't play chess but I think that would be fun to do "Giant" size.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful day out. I love tulips and have many in my garden. I thought the little blue flowers were 'forget me nots' , they look like them, but I am not sure. When I lived in Melbourne, Australia I had a neighbour who taught me chess, and I loved playing the game with him. God bless you this Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Meadowlark Gardens adventure.
    The tulips are beautiful and the giant chess board sounds fun!

    Happy Easter, Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tulips, Sandra!

    Have a blessed Resurrection Day. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I visited a garden last summer with a giant chess board!!! ;-) Thank you for the lovely photos. :-) Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.