3/17/24

BEAUTIFUL SPRING: PART 1


This post was written for Five Minute Friday
Word prompt--HURRY
Five minutes to free write about it
----------------------------------------------------------
We've been having such beautiful weather lately, it's been hard to stick to my daily routine. I would much rather be out and about.

On Friday, I had a bunch of errands to run and my intent was to hurry and get them done as quickly as possible, come home and hurry through the rest of my must do's, and get this post written and posted on Friday. However, as you can see, that's not what happened. I am writing this on Sunday evening instead.

There were so many things that caught my eye, I kept pulling over and getting out of the car to take pictures instead of hurrying to get home. By the time I finally did get back, I felt like that little cupid resting on the steps of a friend's house and needed a nap.

I don't like to always be in a hurry, but feel as though I need to be or I won't be able to get everything done that needs to get done. Lately, however, I've been trying to slow down and become more in tune with what the Lord has for me to do each day, instead of trying to be the one in control. That way there always will be enough time, and I won't be stressed out by the constant hurry, hurry.

As I was writing this post, Luke 10:41-42 came to mind. "Martha, Martha," the Lord replied, "you are worried and upset about many things. But only one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, and it will not be taken away from her" (BSB).

----------------------------------------

Following are some of my favorite shots taken on Friday. Enjoy!








 

4 comments:

  1. You chose such a good bible verse to relate to this post. My favorite photo is the blue flowerpot with the trailing flowers in it. I sometimes hurry or else I will forget what all I have to do! But we see more and feel better when we slow down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking so pretty there! We had snow again today, hopefully that's about the end of it.
    I tend to be in a hurry all the time too. So much to do all the time.
    I really like the verse you shared - perfect for this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh Yes, "Martha syndrome" is always knocking at my door.
    Taking a God Break will never be wasted.
    Love your photos and that you took time to snap them.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. such lovely Spring photos too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.