7/29/23

MILESTONE

T
his post was written for Five Minute Friday 
Word prompt--MILESTONE
Five minutes to free write about it 
------------------------------------------------------
My first thought was that unless I live to be 90 or 100, there probably won't be any more milestones in my life until that major one when I go home to be with the Lord. 

I was going to skip the challlenge, but then readig some of the other posts helped me think outside the box.

Milestones don't have to be momentous events such as milestone birthdays, weddings, graduations, or the birth of a child. Finally being set free of an ugly habit after over three quarters of a century of unsuccessful attempts, or for the first time being able to complete a writing assignment that I'm painfully slow at in one day, or unexpectedly seeing new buds and flowers growing in the pots of wildflower seeds I had planted and given up on, are all milestones too. Even waking up to the gift of a new day is a milestone not to be taken for granted.




10 comments:

  1. I totally agree. This is a great way to look at life! I always like to say...forget New Year's Day; every single day is a new beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, that's the perfect milestone! Just living life each day and thanking God for our breath is a Milestone. Glad you went ahead and wrote about it.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. So enjoyed your thoughts on milestones.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of wisdom in this post on milestones - I appreciate your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Painfully slow to write - seems we hit this milestone together. And I do so love your wee buds. Thank you for posting and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, what a good way to look at it - each day is a new milestone! Visiting from FMF#6

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's lovely, Sandra. May we all learn to recognise and celebrate the little milestones and the not-so-little ones. I'm glad you shared. Kath

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every breath's a milestone now,
    every step accomplishment,
    and I really don't see how
    some see this as a punishment,
    for I am happier than before,
    and I sure would not return
    to a life of more and more,
    to a life where bridges burn.
    I've made my peace with past and present,
    thanked my friends, forgave each foe,
    and cannot now come to resent
    the fate that I have come to know,
    that death is just the final grace
    on Earth, before I touch God's face.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, Sandra, every day is a gift/milestone to be celebrated and enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wise words, Sandra.
    Staying fit and heathy ever day is a milestone for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.