7/22/23

DECIDE

 
This post was written for Five Minute Friday 
Word prompt--DECIDE
Five minutes to free write about it 
------------------------------------------------------

My new chapter (post data entry/transcription job) did not start out the way I had hoped or anticipated it would.

As I navigated the rough patches, my thoughts turned nostalgically to my abandoned blog, AT THE FOOT OF THE CROSS. On a whim, I decided to use it, instead of the nice blank notebook I had been looking forward to writing in, to document what this new phase of life would bring. 

My notebook was all set up. The quote I had decided on to use for the chapter theme (a suggestion made by my blog friend Ginny Hartzler) was already inscribed on the first page. There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind. -- C.S. Lewis

Though not what first went through my mind when I decided on that quote, there is much truth there for those who have accepted the gift of salvation. This world is not our home. We are just passing through.

When I saw this week's prompt I thought of the many bad choices I have made on my journey, and some of the good ones too, and how the best one of all was when I decided to follow Jesus.


9 comments:

  1. Thank you very much! We sure ARE just passing through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one big decision is the most important one, isn't it? And it changes everything in our lives for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess we are just passing through,
    but beauty of each fading day,
    sky going to a deeper blue
    really makes me want to stay.
    It doesn't matter that my past
    was bought with really bad mistakes,
    and though the consequences last,
    baby, that is just the breaks,
    and the life I now have got,
    though by cancer scarred with pain,
    still does hold an awful lot
    of joy, and I fight to remain
    in this time and in this place,
    in this dying state of grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope and pray I'm still writing in journals and on my blog once I'm a granny/great grandma! You are amazing! Write on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great quote and I've always liked that song. It was good to hear again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is interesting to see how the Lord guides us in our writing, Sandra, especially as we pray over it. Sometimes it is like a bubbling spring, sometimes like a gentle flowing brook, and sometimes like a raging river; and yet we are guided onward as the words pour forth for His glory. May the Lord bless you in your new writing project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that quote. I used it in a blog post last week too. And yes, the most important decision is to follow Jesus. That changes everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indeed, we are just passing through.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you think we may still be a work in progress and continuing to grow and learn throughout eternity? You made the best decision. From Nana Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.