7/3/21

NO MORE EXCUSES




A couple of months ago I started writing a post for the Five Minute Friday group I belong to. The prompt that week was EXCUSES. I never finished writing it though because I was in a deep, dark funk. A funk I would probably still be in, except that my daughter had a birthday coming up, and I wanted to give her a gift from her dog--my beloved granddoggie, Benji. Not just any gift, but a children's picture book written about him.

Since Benji is getting on in years and his health is fast deteriorating, it was especially important to me that I get it done before the time came for him to cross the Rainbow Bridge. 

It's amazing what you can accomplish when you set your mind to it and ask the Lord to be your guide. 

The last children's picture book I started writing has been in the works for four years, and I'm still procrastinating and making excuses for why it's not finished yet. This one, on the other hand, was written and published in a little over two weeks.

The Old Gray Dog, is Benji's heartwarming story. The story of a scared little stray found wandering the streets, who was taken to an animal shelter and subsequently adopted into a loving family. It was written by his grandma, who in his own words, "...wrote this book for me because dogs can't write, but I told her what to say."

I am thankful for the nudge that aroused me from my state of hibernation and got me writing again. Hopefully, going forward, I will keep on keeping on. Meanwhile, I want to also express my gratitude to those of you who have not given up on me, and who still check my blog from time to time.

6 comments:

  1. How wonderful!! This would be the best gift ever, and you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful gift and I know your daughter will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea for a gift. And "Benji" is such a perfect name.
    To answer your question about online puzzles and use of phone/ipad, etc. Yes, you can see them..they are at the bottom of the puzzle itself, and you scroll across to find the one you want! At least the app I use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very, lovely idea for a gift, Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a thoughtful gift. I'm sure your daughter must love that Benji will be immortalized in a book.
    Looking forward to seeing you around the #FMF link up again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back...I have missed you.
    This is such a fabulous idea for a memorable book. A cherished treasure for sure.
    Keep on writing and use what the Good Lord gave you..(:0)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.