7/9/21

SUMMER

This post was written for Five Minute Friday
Word prompt--SUMMER
Five minutes to free write about it.
---------------------------

Today I entered my library for the first time since the pandemic. It had a whole new look. The lobby was very colorful, and a Happy Summer display caught my eye


































There was some interesting trivia on the display table, which I tried to zoom in on so you could read it too.

The card that wowed me the most was the one stating that the Eiffel Tower gets six inches taller in the summer because the metal expands from the heat. Who would have thought?

14 comments:

  1. Ooh, isn't it wonderful to have the freedom to go into the library again? I love that they took the effort to make things cheerful. (And I didn't know that about the Eiffel Tower!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to be able to once again go to places one enjoys. My daughter-in-law was able to bring our granddaughter to the library for storytime and it was such a fun and welcomed activity. Have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss libraries so much. This is a library I wouldn't mind spending a serious amount of time in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's those little things, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love learning new facts, and my hubby thought that was interesting too! (about eiffel tower) Visiting from FMF10,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to visit the library - one of my favorite places to go!

    Amie, FMF #14

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what an interesting bit of trivia..about the Eiffel Tower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Going thru your photos, the best thing that cought my eye was the Eiffel Tower info! They have so many coolthings for the kids, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purcellville...as in Virginia?? I live in Gainesville:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting my summer blog—I'm so happy to know you! your beautiful images are after my own heart. Peace and hope to all of us, Leah

    ReplyDelete
  11. I learned about the Eiffel Tower from my tour guide when we visited Paris in 2019.
    Love the Happy Summer display.

    Have a great weekend, Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We stopped by our library a few weeks ago. It was so quiet, not many inside but they always have nice displays and use the old fashioned cigarette vending machines for mini book sales.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.