5/28/21

WHEN DOUBT CREEPS IN



To trust means to walk by faith not by sight, to follow directions regardless of whether they seem to make sense or not, but how easy it is to be swayed by our intellect or our senses.

Several years ago this truth was driven home when I allowed my mind to convince me that my source must have made a mistake. Instead of following the GPS' instructions, I did what I thought was right, and as a result, a trip that should only have taken about 15 minutes got stretched to an hour (documented here if you are interested). 

That was a lesson that stuck with me. 

The other day, on my way to an appointment, I took a wrong turn and was thrown off course. Not wanting to waste time by trying to backtrack, I consulted MapQuest. However, as we approached my destination, and it told me to turn right, everything within me screamed no, no, no, it's on the left. Fortunately, I did not listen to that inner voice. 

5 comments:

  1. We are taught to trust our instincts and sometimes that can be a challenge when it comes to situations like this, but we must trust God (and technology)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems I am always trying to out guess GPS ie..God's leading.
    Trusting in Him is the way to go..I don't know why its difficult at times.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Seems like you have an instinct for getting lost. What a beautiful flower painting. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubby and I have ignored that GPS on occasion and spent lots of time going the wrong way. Lessons learned about GPS, but even more fruitful are my lessons learned about God's Protective Spirit, the best GPS there is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the beautiful painting. I agree with LC - God is truly the best GPS there is.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.