8/21/26

HALF


This post was written for Five Minute Friday
Word prompt--HALF
Five minutes to free-write about it
-------------------------------------------------

This week's prompt showed up just as I was pondering a bizarre (at least to me) display I had seen at Costco yesterday.  Proportionately, to the eye, it does not look half and half because the Christmas trees are so tiny, but that's what it is. A combination of two very mismatched holidays--Halloween and Christmas.

On the other hand, this container of Half-&-Half may seem like a more balanced combination, but the result is a mixture of milk and cream that lacks the distinct identity of either one.

These musings got me completely off track and instead of focusing on the word prompt, half, I found myself considering an analogy between Half-&-Half, and the church of Laodicea who Jesus rebuked in the book of Revelation for being lukewarm and indifferent.

I know your works; you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth (Revelation 3:15-16, ESV).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.