8/29/26

WHAT HAVE WE HERE?

This post was written for
Five Minute Friday
Word prompt--HERE
Five minutes to free-write about it
-------------------------------------------------

What have we here? Here we have what I thought was a giant weed that had crowded out all the rest of the wildflowers in one of the pots on my balcony.

I was wrong. If you look close, you should be able to see two large buds near the top. 

And what have we here?  Here we have what looks like a tomato plant, but I thought was a dud, because although it continued to grow, it had no tomato smell such as the leaves of growing tomato plants usually have, nor did it have any fuzz on its stalks, nor did it show any evidence that it would be producing any kind of fruit. 

I was about to dump it, but when I went out to water the plants this morning I was surprised to notice that not only was it looking quite a bit taller, but there was some fuzz on several of the stalks, and I could actually detect a faint tomato aroma.

Looks like I was wrong again, which led to a rush of thoughts such as the ones listed here:

* Don't be deceived by outward appearances.

* First appearances can be deceiving.

* Don't be too quick to discount someone or something.

* All is not always what it seems.

* Don't jump to conclusions.

So for now, the tomato plant has been spared from getting dumped. 

I'm guessing it's probably way too late in the season for it to grow any tomatoes, but then again, who can know for sure? Stranger things than that have happened out on my balcony before.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.