2/25/24

FALLEN THROUGH THE CRACKS

Do you ever feel as though you have fallen through the cracks? 

Mostly my heart is full of gratitude for the many blessings in my life, but there are times when I feel like that—especially when something happens that triggers old painful memories of feeling overlooked, left out, insignificant, or “less than.” 

 Whenever that happens, I think of the wildflowers (called weeds by some) that bloom where they are planted and grow out of cracks in the road or sidewalk. It reminds me that even when I feel unseen or forgotten, I am never invisible to God. He always knows exactly where I am, and my identity lies in Him alone and not in how I feel I measure up to others or what they might think of me. 

Neither you nor I were accidents. God designed us to be Divine originals, created for a special purpose no one else could fulfill (Psalm 139:13-16; Ephesians 2:10). 

Even before the beginning of time, every single detail of your life was recorded in His book (Psalm 139:16-17). You are of great value to Him and He loves and cares for you. If you have any doubts about that, just think of the Cross. 

John 3:16 tells us that "God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." It is a gift that can only be received by grace, through faith. Salvation cannot be earned by good works (Ephesians 2:8-9). 

Although it is not God's will for anyone to perish, He will not impose His will on you or force you to accept it. The choice is yours. 

Jesus stands at the door of your heart, knocking and waiting for you to let Him in (Revelation 3:20). If you have not already done so, I pray you would open the door now and accept His invitation to enter your life, forgive you of your sins, and make you a new creation. 

------------------------------------------ 

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. . . . My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. – Psalm 139:13-16, NIV 

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. – Ephesians 2:10, NIV

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. – Ephesians 2:8-9, NIV 

But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, -- John 1:13, ESV

7 comments:

  1. I've been praying a lot this Lenten season. So many of the scripture passages here have been among those I've reflected on. And like you, when I feel somehow diminished and overlooked, I turn to my Father and see that he is right there and that I am not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is So Good to read all of these familiar verses again and put them deep down in my soul. Refreshing to hear the Lord and His words.
    I like that we Never Fall Through the Cracks, so to speak.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy for you that you can find solace in your faith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing such heartfelt reflections, Sandra.
    It's comforting to be reminded that even in our moments of feeling overlooked or insignificant, there is a divine purpose and love that surrounds us. Your words remind me to lean into faith and gratitude, especially during challenging times.

    Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.