11/3/23

CHANGING SEASONS


This post was written for Five Minute Friday 
Word prompt--SEASON
Five minutes to free write about it 
-------------------------------------------------

Interesting the timing of this week's prompt as I have been giving much thought lately to changing seasons--especially the many seasons I have seen come and go during the course of my life. 

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 sums it up well (BSB):

1To everything there is a season,

and a time for every purpose under heaven:

2a time to be born and a time to die,

a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3a time to kill and a time to heal,

a time to break down and a time to build,

4a time to weep and a time to laugh,

a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5a time to cast away stones and a time to gather stones together,

a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,

6a time to search and a time to count as lost,

a time to keep and a time to discard,

7a time to tear and a time to mend,

a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8a time to love and a time to hate,

a time for war and a time for peace.





The prompt also nudges me to post some pictures of the view from my window. The spectacular colors are what make fall my favorite season, and I feel so blessed to be able to enjoy them without even having to leave my apartment to do so.















But alas, when I went down to my car this morning, the unexpected icicles on the windshield were a reminder that the seasons are about to change, and my least favorite one is on its way.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, Sandra. I'm so glad you get to enjoy them from your window. I guess it's a good reminder to enjoy each season while we can. Kath

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are beautiful! I love the autumn colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the colors of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful views you have through your windows!! I like the frost patterns on the glass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fall foliage right outside of your windows - you are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd rather face the weather's best
    for lots of real good reasons,
    so take me down, please, to Key West
    where there ain't no seasons.
    No coming winter chill in fall,
    now doesn't that sound neat-o?
    And there's more, to top it all ...
    Santa wears a Speedo.
    Palm trees rustle in the breeze,
    and turquoise lies the sea.
    The women bring me to my knees
    (Barb gives the evil eye to me!)
    as they sunbathe upon the beach,
    beauties lying side by each.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The passage of scripture from Ecclesiastes reminded me "a time to keep and a time to discard". I am slowly working on discarding & donating to reduce stuff we don't need. The view from your apartment is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Each season has its own kind of beauty, I think, though I'm not a big fan of being cold in winter!Visiting from FMF#20

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos, Sandra!
    How wonderful to have these views right through your window!

    Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the glorious colors of Fall too. Our trees are so slow to turn this year. I think they are going to go from green to brown and just drop. Crazy weather is somewhat to blame .
    I love the view from your apartment too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love your photos. Those trees are so red. But the ice on the windows. Brrr... we don't have that here in the Netherlands yet. I wish you God's blessings and a great week ahead

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.