8/3/23

ALMOST LIKE OLD TIMES



With the help of a walker and a caring friend, I was able to walk from my parking lot all the way to the short end of the trail (4,205 steps round trip) for the first time in I don't know how long. Maybe a year?






It was a beautiful day, not too hot, and there were many squirrels and cardinals out enjoying it that I was not quick enough to capture... 







...but I did manage to get a shot of a very large black cat who my friend pointed out had been watching us for a while.

















The end is in sight (or the beginning if that's where you're starting from). 





















Before heading back we checked out the LOVEwork sculpture around the corner in front of the old train station, as well as the site of our town's bicentennial time capsule.
 
















The L is made of wine bottle corks from all 35 wineries in Loudoun County.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I am impressed! Phil & I cannot get in this many steps!! the tree is beautiful; maybe Crepe Myrtle? And I love the cork letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, lovely post and I am impressed with those steps. Thanks for the question on Glen Bernie. That would be lovely to go with your daughter. There are pathways there, I avoided the places with steps as I have to be careful myself. I think you or your daughter could call the museum to ask them. I found this information for you. I hope it helps as I think they can give you more information than I can, and answer any concerns you might have.

    Main: 540-662-1473
    Toll Free: 888-556-5799

    Visitor Information & General Inquiries (ext. 235)
    Museum Store (ext. 244)
    Membership (ext. 213)
    Collections & Exhibitions (ext. 218)
    Facility Rentals (ext. 208)
    Media Inquiries (ext. 225)
    Security: Non-Emergency (ext. 241)
    Email

    visit@theMSV.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo, Sandra!
    The L made of wine bottle corks is something else!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun blog post! I'm thrilled for you that this was possible, and the photos fit perfectly with your text. What a big cat! 🐱😊📸

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.