8/28/23

A PERFECT DAY -- PART 1

My daughter picked me up after church today and even though I felt a little apprehensive about going anywhere other than for a short walk along the trail, I let her take me to the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley.

It was such a beautiful day, and it was somewhere we had both wanted to visit. I didn't want to put a damper on our outing, but God was good, and I don't think I did.

Miraculously, He enabled me to walk with her around the outdoor Lego exhibit, the gardens, and even some of the indoor exhibits such as the miniatures in the gallery and the Glen Burnie House. A total of 3100 steps (probably more, because the step counter on my cell phone only counts when I'm holding it, and part of the time I wasn't). I did have to stop a few times when my back got stiff and achey, but after a few minutes of sitting on the seat of my rollator, I was able to get up and keep going. 

I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but today God granted me the gift of a relatively pain free day, which hasn't happened in so long I doubted it ever would again, and I got to spend it sharing some very special time with a very special daughter.

When we got home, several hours later, I even had enough energy left to make us a nice meal.

I am so glad I decided to trust God to make this happen, instead of listening to the fearful voices in my head trying to convince me not to go.

(These pictures are just from the Lego exhibit. The rest will follow soon.)








3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you were able to do this and enjoy time with your daughter. Those Lego pieces are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful surprise gift God gave you! I don't think I could do that. Well, maybe with a walker. The Legos are just amazing!!! The makers are very talented! You must live rather close to me! We live about 1 1/2 hours from Richmond, in Waynesboro at the foot of Afton Mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great walking around the garden. I am very happy you got to see the Lego exhibit and I have enjoyed all your photos very much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.