4/28/23

PERSIST



This post was written for Five Minute Friday 
Word prompt--PERSIST
Five minutes to free write about it 
------------------------------------------------------ 

Can you see that teeny spot of green on the upper left (facing you) at about the level of the shadow on the side of the pot? It's a tiny sprout pushing its way through the soil when I had just about given up on seeing any signs of life appear. 





The seeds in the flower rocket I put in that pot were planted at the same time as the seeds I planted in this window box. Same soil, same exposure.

I don't know what happened to the rest of the seeds that were in the rocket, but this intrepid little adventurer decided not to follow the crowd. It persisted and persevered until it broke through the darkness surrounding it and emerged into the light.







Though its growth has been much slower than that of the other sprouts in the window box, it keeps persisting in its journey upward, always turning to face the sun as I rotate the pot. A good visual reminder for me to follow its example and, keep my face on the Son, and to remain steadfast and persistent as well.  







So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the
right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't
give up, -- Galatians 6:9, NLT


7 comments:

  1. Love this!! Keep your eyes on the Son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it doesn't feel quite right,
    where God has planted me,
    but somewhere up there's sunlight,
    just you wait and see!
    I have to work both hard and long
    to rise up through this depth of soil,
    but I guess it makes me strong,
    all the labour and the toil
    that will lead to bright clean air
    (and more than just a whiff of danger!),
    but I will break on through with flair,
    not looking like a stranger,
    but with knowing that a seedling's place
    is here in this sunshiny grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. seeds are such a good example of persistence aren't they? My son is trying to figure out how to rescue some chives growing where they shouldn't be...and how to get them out without damaging them... be a nice challenge for him. :) FMF17

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Thank you for sharing this beautiful testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great word...Persistent...Definitely have to keep on keeping on.
    I really like your testimony and post today. Thanks for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great reminder to set our faces towards the Son, Sandra, so that we too can thrive!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.