5/6/23

SOON



This post was written for Five Minute Friday 
Word prompt--SOON
Five minutes to free write about it 
------------------------------------------------------ 

Soon (on the last day of his month), my 23-year virtual job doing data entry and transcription will come to an end. The need for it has gradually been phased out by advances in technology. 


Soon, the seeds I just planted will yield a colorful array of wildflowers that are supposed to attract butterflies and hummingbirds to my balcony. 

Soon the weather should stay warm enough for me to put them outside.



But the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw this week's prompt was "Soon And Very Soon," an old, old song that was sung in a Christmas play the kids at my church put on way back in the day when I still lived in New York. Now I can't get it out of my head, and I've been singing it all day long.

Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your job. I love wildflowers, you must post them when they bloom. Never heard this song before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good song to “get stuck in my head!” I enjoyed your reflections this morning❣️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite writers and singers.
    So sorry your job is coming to an end and I pray that you will find some new things to help you move forward. God Knows..
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always liked that song - and Andre Crouch too.
    Sorry your job is coming to a end. Will you reitire?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard this in a while. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am sorry the job is coming to an end. Thank you for the video. I will enjoy listening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many exciting soons! My seeds cannot bloom soon enough! Congratulations on a new adventure coming soon - and that a part of your story will soon close. I love the Soon and Very Soon song being a Christmas song. How much fun that would have been!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Technology certainly has a way of changing the way we do things, doesn't it? I pray you will find contentment in whatever you do. I love wildflowers! I hope you show us the blossoms. I like the song, and it's one that can get stuck in your head - but what a good thing to sing all day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that Spring is full of those promises of 'soon' too. I pray that the end of the job brings the start of new blessings. Dawn #30

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soon will end the fading day,
    and then will come the stormy night,
    but I will not be on my way,
    for I've not yet begun to fight.
    I know there's good that waits for me,
    a beautiful bright golden place,
    but it will have to wait, you see,
    for I'm intending to embrace
    the worst that cancer may yet bring,
    the battle royal, my birthright given
    to me by my warrior-King,
    and therefore will go on livin'
    by the rules of blood and war,
    the honour that He made me for.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am listening to that great song as I write! There is always a beginning and an ending....to just about everything. But the ending to one thing leads to a beginning of another and I know you are excited to see what this will be!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.