5/20/23

CHAPTER


This post was written for Five Minute Friday 
Word prompt--CHAPTER
Five minutes to free write about it 
------------------------------------------------------

A couple of posts ago I had mentioned that my 23-year virtual job doing data entry and transcription was coming to an end, having been gradually phased out by advances in technology. 

Officially, the job ended on March 31st, but two of us were asked if we could stay on for an extra month until the last client had had a chance to transition--and then one more month after that. But now the end really is here and so begins a new chapter in my life. 

What came as a surprise announcement--to me at least--was no surprise to the Lord. He knows the end from the beginning, and had already set a plan in motion a little over a year ago when He nudged me into a second job, a writing one, that required me to step out of my comfort zone and start using my intellect instead of settling for the less challenging routine one I had become so used to and that felt so much more secure.

I'm also feeling nudged to get back to writing children's picture books. Blue Violet is one I started several years ago and never finished. Now that I will no longer have to spend the bulk of my day glued to my computer, there is no more excuse to keep procrastinating. 

7 comments:

  1. He is faithful. You've inspired me, or reminded me, that God sometimes leads us to do something new. This Fall my youngest and I are joining a new homeschool co-op. It will be more work. I will be teaching a class. All new faces and people to meet, but I think it is where we should be and there is a blessing in it. At the same time, my oldest is starting college. I don't like this one bit, ha ha!! 😂 Lots of new things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you have these things to work on now! And using your talents more than the last job, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They tell me I was Something Big,
    something that I can't now recall,
    but really, I don't give a fig
    for what's behind yesterday's wall.
    They tell me I was Someone Smart,
    with a PhD, no less!
    But I can't take that to heart,
    because my brain's an awful mess
    of really bad and banal rhymes
    that get insistent, and too loud,
    so more and more there come the times
    that I'll step out to watch a cloud
    build to thunderhead of fear,
    then fade away and disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it a wonderful comfort to know that God has a plan and is working it out!
    I hope you enjoy having more time to write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May the Lord continue to give you grace, Sandra, as you transition from data entry and transcription to writing. I'm looking forward to your new children's books, so be sure and let us know when they become available!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!!
    Isn't it amazing how God works? He knows how things are going to be and knows where your challenges are. Delightful children's books are a need that you will fulfill with a great satisfaction to your heart.
    Good for you
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new chapter sounds exciting, Sandra. Seems familiar is comfortable and change brings up all kinds of insecurities. I'm praying peace for you as you transition into this new chapter. Kath

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.