5/12/23

HIS EYE IS ON THE SPARROW -- AND ON THE LITTLE TURTLE TOO

 



This post was written for Five Minute Friday 
Word prompt--DELIBERATE
Five minutes to free write about it 
------------------------------------------------------ 

Deliberate: "to think about or discuss issues and decisions carefully" (Merriam-Webster dictionary).


A few days ago, as I rushed to make it to an appointment on time, the Lord allowed a pause to take place that forced me to slow down and deliberate.

I was stopped for a red light and fretting that on this day when I was about to be late, the lights were not coordinating the way they usually do. And then I saw a tiny something crossing the road–or was it a leaf being slowly blown across? 

Turned out it was a very small turtle making its way to the other side. The light stayed red long enough for it to make it safely there. A good reminder that not only is God's eye on the smallest creatures in His kingdom, but He is watching out for me as well.


P.S. I made it to my appointment on time, with a few minutes to spare.

12 comments:

  1. Once I was a-driving down
    a desert road, at speed,
    when a thing did bring a frown,
    a thing for me to heed.
    A squirrel standing in the middle
    of the silly bloody road,
    his expression popping riddle
    of what he considered owed.
    I slewed left and then I slewed right,
    brakes on full and tires screaming,
    and then I just held on tight
    thinking that I must be dreaming,
    and wound up in ditch to linger
    over squirrel's stuff middle finger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful and inspirational story!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! Glad he made it. 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this beautiful reminder of how God's hand is at work in even the smallest details of our lives. Your experience with the small turtle crossing the road is a great example of how God's timing is always perfect and how He cares for all of His creation.

    It's easy to get caught up in the rush of our busy lives and forget to take a moment to appreciate the little things that God puts in our path to remind us of His presence. Your story encouraged me to slow down and be more mindful of the moments where God is trying to speak to me.

    May we all strive to be more attentive to the whispers of God in our lives.

    Blessings,
    Aritha

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great reminder, Sandra, to not be anxious, to trust Him in all things, and His eye is on the great and the small. I thoroughly enjoyed your writing today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful! God takes care of all things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my dear! I just love this reminder that God is in everything!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is such a wonderful illustration. Isn't God wonderful to use the everyday things of us to remind us that its all right there in His hand.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, this is so inspirational and encouraging.
    Visiting today from FMF#14

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you were given a chance to see the Father's hand in your life, through His care for a little creature. How amazing is He, and how intimate His love for us. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for this story. Reminds me that His ways are not ours and that He is not slow in anything, but desires that all shall be saved. Blessings to you. Dawn #20

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful story. I have had many incidents in my life where God's plans were slightly different to mine but for the right
    reason. He is the Master chess player, we are the chess pieces. God bless you for sharing this lovely experience in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.