4/3/23

A DISAPPOINTING BREAK OF DAY

This post was written for Five Minute Friday
Word prompt--BREAK
Five minutes to free write about it
------------------------------------------------------

Views of the sunrise from my balcony are usually pretty spectacular, so not yet having participated in this week's FMF challenge, I was excited to be up early enough to witness the break of day. A picture is worth a thousand words, right? My plan was to spend my five minutes capturing an amazing daybreak to share with you all instead.

Well, so much for that. 

There were no deep pinks or purples or oranges or reds streaking across the sky. I think it may be the first time I've ever witnessed such an unremarkable break of day. 

I am grateful for the gift of a new day, and that there was a daybreak at all, and that I was up early enough to catch it such as it was. And, I'm sure there must be a lesson in all this. I'm just not sure what that may be? If any of you have any thoughts, please do share.

6 comments:

  1. I guess my thought is..Not every day is full of excitement and color...some days are just plain ordinary ... except we have awaken and a new fresh day has begun. That's enough to praise the Lord for..I think.
    Good FMF post.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good insight, Sue. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  2. It is still beautiful, but Golden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes dawn's miraculous,
    bright colours, a whole pallette-full!
    But it often don't deserve a fuss,
    because it's just plain dull,
    a red sun in a musty sky,
    unheralded, unheralding,
    a great big 'meh' unto the eye,
    but such a day might bring
    angel-visits in disguise,
    to guide us, and protect
    from Satan's lures and Satan's lies,
    so it's best not to project
    a boring start to a new day
    to expect that it will end that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrew, for sharing this perspective. You are so right.

      Delete
  4. I think He has something spectacular in store for you. You just wait and see!
    Love the photos nonetheless.

    Happy Easter, Sandra.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.