3/18/23

STORY


Th
is post was written for Five Minute Friday
Word prompt--STORY
Five minutes to free write about it
------------------------------------------------------

There was so much I could relate to in Kate's post this week, it led me on a trip down memory lane to the year 2011. That's the year God and I wrote my story.

The Sunday before Lent that year, our pastor challenged us to do something radical. I responded by writing a post entitled  Sincerely Wrong.  It was the first time since I became a Christian, almost 20 years before that, that I'd ever spoken openly about having authored a book on numerology.

By the time I finished writing the post, I was convicted that it was time to bring all the other things I didn't talk about into the open too, because, just maybe, there was someone out there who desperately needed to hear it. 

I always believed that the reason I kept certain things hidden, especially from my mother, children, and other family members, was because I was trying to protect them from being hurt, but now I realize that was only partly true.  I did want to keep them from unnecessary upset, but if truth be told, the greater reason was fear of what they might think of me. 

I was ready to take the step, but writing does not come easy to me unless it's just something technical, like an instruction book, and I had no clue as to how to go about it. That's when I learned that if we are willing to obey the promptings of the Lord, He really will equip us to do what He asks.

So for the next several weeks, with notebook and pen in hand, I would sit in the silence of my room and listen for that still small voice that guided me step by step through the process. My story turned into a book published by Amazon, and available in both hard copy and Kindle formats.  Who would have thought?

----------------------------------------------
My Story Your Glory by Matthew West



15 comments:

  1. Your book is a wonderful testimony of what God did in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so interesting, especially the realization of your true reasons for not wanting to talk about certain things. I think we all have times when we say we're protecting others but are really protecting ourselves -- and maybe we need to do that for a while. But digging deeper often leads to something quite different. Congratulations on your book, and thanks for sharing.
    Jeannie (next door to you at #17 in the FMF linkup)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours is a wonderful testimony of God's grace! I think it's great how he rewrote your story, and then helped you write your story to share with others! Visiting from FMF#10

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you have a five star rating. How wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful testimony of the work the Lord does in our lives when we listen to His voice.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this amazing story of God's grace and your faith in Him....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way cool!

    If I tell you of my story,
    what might you think of me?
    Will my life just bore ye,
    or will you come to be
    distrustful of what lies beneath,
    disliking me for what I was?
    Words can thus become a thief,
    and give another ample cause
    to turn away with frowning shrug
    from an unloved scene,
    leaving me as just a bug
    splattered on the windscreen.
    But maybe, maybe I should dare
    that you'll find meaning in the share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your realisations of why you hadn't said/written your story earlier, Sandra. There's a time for everything but often we're not aware of why we've held back. Visiting from FMF #12 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on completing your book, Sandra! And I'm sure the transparency and honesty removed a huge weight from your shoulders. May the Lord use your book to lead others out of darkness and into His marvelous light!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's not easy to write about our past, including the hard things. I'm getting braver at telling my story. I care about my family and what they think of me; but, my story is important too. I'm glad you manage to get your story out and published. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful!! Love the song too. Thank you so much for sharing your story in all its truth despite your fear of what people might think of you. But it sharing it, we give ALL the glory to God. Your words spoke to my heart. Thank you. Dawn #25

    ReplyDelete
  12. We overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony, Sandra. I'm so glad you were faithful to listen, write, and publish your testimony of His faithfulness to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure it was a challenging task, but in the end a testimony of strength!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never tire of this inspiring story of God's grace and your faith in Him.
    Hugs and blessings, Sandra.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.