8/7/20

PROGRESS

This post was written for Five Minute Friday.
Word prompt--SMILE
Five minutes to free write about it.

The picture on Kate Motaung's post inspired me to take a go at this week's prompt. It's been a while since I've participated. Like almost everything in my life these days, it's something I contemplate doing but feel paralyzed to act upon.

At the beginning of the pandemic I relished this time of isolation as an opportunity to catch up on things I'd been procrastinating about. However nothing worked according to plan. Frequent interruptions and unexpected events kept throwing me off course, and before long, discouragement and frustration gained the upper hand. Overwhelmed, I just watched my to do list get longer and longer, not knowing where to start.

The timing of Kate's post, especially the picture, must have been a God thing. Not only did it remind me of the old slogan, progress, not perfection, but it seemed to confirm that my new goal of ending each day with a list of three things I've accomplished--no matter how small--is a good way to get back on track.

10 comments:

  1. Yes, every little bit helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea! I often use to do lists because otherwise I feel like I don't accomplish what I want or need. Keep going and before you know it, you will have gotten so much done. I'm proud of your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need that saying on a sign in my house. (maybe over the scale) :) Such a good reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard that before, progress before perfection. I will be using this 😊 totally get the discouragement feeling but so please God spoke to you today. We chip away little at a time God bless visiting from fmf #7 X

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good thing to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three things a day? I like that! And progress before perfection. A good reminder for us all. I enjoyed your post, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that way of getting back on track...small steps aren't so overwhelming. They will all eventually get done.
    Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every shuffle take us
    where we're moving toward,
    and sometimes (now, don't you fuss!)
    going back goes forward,
    for even Jesus on the Cross
    had to find His faith was shaken
    and He was at such a loss:
    "Why am I forsaken?"
    But though this step was retrograde
    to all He was before,
    you step back ('cause that's how it's made)
    when you open Heaven's door
    and though it really, really hurts,
    you're going forward in reverse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so true , to often I can be stressing about wanting to leap into things but each thing we do is a bonus to carry on x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i love that idea! ending the day with a list of what HAS been accomplished is such a great encouragement, especially in the midst of this hard season!

    mariel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.