8/14/20

RIGHT OR WRONG?

This post was written for Five Minute Friday.
Word prompt--RIGHT
Five minutes to free write about it.

Who is right, and who is wrong? So much bickering, dissension, and even worse, among people who think their view is the correct one and go to great lengths to try and prove it, when only God sees the whole picture and know the truth behind it. Only God sees the end from the beginning (Isaiah 46:10).

My senses have often deceived me and led me to do things I later regretted. Yesterday I cut short an outdoor visit with my family because I believed the weather forecast issuing a flash flood warning was right. The heat, humidity, and stormy looking clouds seemed to verify this could be so, and I rushed home to avoid getting caught in a downpour, 

No sooner did I get home when the sun came out, and it turned into a beautiful day that I missed out on because I believed what was wrong was right.


7 comments:

  1. I think I have spiritually "rushed home" out of fear many times. I'm not sure what to say about that, except that we can learn from it and give ourselves grace when we aren't right.

    Amie, FMF #21

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Amie's comment. Yes...good to remember. Hey, at least you "learned a lesson" with a sunny day. I would count that as a win. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, my first thought was "better safe than sorry". I totally agree, only God knows exactly everything in the future. He is beyond time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So frustrating when you try to do what is right and then find out that the facts you believed weren't right afterall....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our hearts - and senses - can be so deceitful. And easily tricked. We are always in need of His discernment...for sure. Thanks for sharing your lesson learned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it right or is it wrong?
    Take your best wild guess,
    and be prepared to suffer long
    in a merry mess.
    Is this good or is this bad?
    The Bible doesn't say!
    Will God smile, or be mad?
    I guess I'd better pray
    for wisdom and discernment,
    for judgement, common sense
    and hope that in God's firmament
    there is a present tense
    where dumb things that I chose to do
    were what really got me through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes though, can’t help but wonder if maybe the “wrong” was saving you from a real wrong (car accident, etc). Things we will never know!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.