8/10/20

OUT FOR A BIMBLE


Bimble, a new word I came across while reading "Words That Dance Upon Your Tongue" by Martin Horton, danced delightfully upon mine.  According to the Oxford English Dictionary it can be used as a noun to depict a leisurely walk or journey, or as a verb, to describe walking or traveling at a leisurely pace.

So yesterday, I went out for a bimble with my daughter. It was my first walk in days.  Extreme heat and humidity had kept me sheltered indoors, but we found shady streets to bimble along, and the gently blowing breeze made it feel almost pleasant.



















Does this look like a turtle to anyone else but me?




































My keen eyed daughter spotted this leaf imprint on the sidewalk.





5 comments:

  1. This looks like a REAL leaf to me. I love learning new words! My problem now is remembering them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did to me too, but we picked at it, and sure enough, it was an imprint.

      Delete
  2. I love the leaf imprint! And I love the word Bimble! I think I will be using that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I've learned a new word too. I like it. It really has a musical sound to it..
    Love that leaf imprint too. it looks so real.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. That leaf imprint certainly looks very real!

    Bimble does have a nice ring to it!

    Happy Sunday, Sandra!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.