8/13/24

SCENE

This post was written for Five Minute Friday
Word prompt--SCENE
Five minutes to free-write about it
-------------------------------------------------------
The scene that unfolds before me, both globally and in my personal life, is an unsettling one.  Words may fail me, but God never does. 

The Lord has been using the wildflowers growing on my balcony to lift my spirits and remind me of His love and His faithfulness, and to assure me that no matter what things are looking like around me, He is in control of the scene.

Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to him than they are? Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? -- Matthew 6:26-30, NLT






11 comments:

  1. Yes! You are good at finding signs of hope and God's love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! I keep reminding myself that God is in control, He has a plan and his plan is best. Nothing happening is taking Him by surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful words and pics of God's love for us and all His creation. The beauty of nature can never be outdone by what we might try to create. I love the wild flowers and leave them to grow in my garden alongside what I plant. God bless you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra - thank you so much for not only visiting my blog but also for your very kind and encouraging comment/words. They were a blessing. I look forward to visiting your blog more. So sweet that the Lord has used your balcony flowers to bless and encourage you. I love when He does so with the simplest of things. And....He used you to encourage me!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Hope Filled post. Thank you. The flowers are so lovely.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful
    and so true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And what faith can do! even if as little as a mustard seed can move mountains! And just like your seed of faith, can encourage and strengthen others...Like me! :)

    God bless and strengthen you always. -Rosel (offthebeatentrek.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandra~ Oh my goodness, I loved your thoughts today! I feel the same way, like things are just so out of control... But are they? God is in control, he knows exactly what will happen, and yes, he will provide. Your photos are so beautiful! Thank you for your thoughts today. Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you. #20

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.