6/17/23

SUNSHINE


This post was written for Five Minute Friday 
Word prompt--SUNSHINE
Five minutes to free write about it 
------------------------------------------------------

I love sunshine--except when the sun is at such an angle that it shines right into my eyes, through my sunglasses, and blinds me as I drive into it. That is really scary.

There's nothing like a blue sky, sunshine day to convince me to drop what I'm doing and spend time outdoors--except when it's a scorcher. Heat and me don't go well together, so if being outside can't be avoided, I'm ever so grateful for a shady spot under a tree and a gently blowing breeze to fan me.

6 comments:

  1. I don't do well in heat either. And the late afternoon when the sun is low and shining in your eyes when you are trying to drive IS awful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminded me of trying to play cornhole a few nights ago and when I switched ends the setting sun was shining directly into my eyes and any thoughts I had of playing somewhat well were gone. Just like that. We should be grateful for sunshine and for shade! Visiting from FMF#11

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a blue sky too - but really appreciate the shade as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. relief from a blazing sun is welcome indeed, but the sunshine after the rain... is a marvellous thing. :) FMF18

    ReplyDelete
  5. Driving with sun in your eyes is one of the most frightful experiences! Thank you for sharing your words. ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't do well in heat either. But I still prefer hot than cold!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.