6/3/23

QUICK


This post was written for Five Minute Friday 
Word prompt--QUICK
Five minutes to free write about it 
------------------------------------------------------

On my desk, next to my computer, sits this timely reminder not to be so quick to panic and jump to conclusions (most often wrong) or so quick to think of worst case scenarios (also mostly always wrong).

A reminder to trust in Jesus who has never failed me yet. Through all life's adversities He has faithfully walked beside me, provided for all of my needs, blessed me beyond measure, and given me the strength to endure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not
drown. When you walk through he fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume
you. -- Isaiah 43:2, NLT


9 comments:

  1. Wise words! Thank you for this. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

    "not to be so quick to panic and jump to conclusions (most often wrong) or so quick to think of worst case scenarios (also mostly always wrong)."

    🩵

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...one of my favorite Cling To verses and that song..amen.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a wise woman indeed. And I love your ebenezer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great visual reminder not to be too hasty! Wise advice. Visiting from FMF#11

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is good to have this to look at as a constant reminder when we start to freak out about something!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a wonderful reminder! thank you! I wrote down don't be quick to panic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would have been a day to panic,
    but I was just too tired,
    and though life's like the doomed Titanic,
    I find that I am still inspired
    by the good dreams of my youth,
    by the blessings here today,
    and I still believe, in truth,
    that there may yet be a way
    to find a road beyond the pain, beyond the grinning face of death
    where I will find my feet again,
    and again draw sweet full breath
    and set to work with strength in store
    to take up my life once more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very strange reading your post about trust, and what you have said about what is beside your computer. In my work room there are two computers, and the speakers attached to the one I use have the word 'trust' on them. God bless you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the reminder, Sandra.
    I have a tendency to panic easily and imagine the worst-case scenario.

    Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.