2/18/23

MANY


Th
is post was written for Five Minute Friday
Word prompt--MANY  
Five minutes to free write about it
----------------------------------------------------------

This week's prompt sent my thoughts scattering in many directions.

I thought of the many tragic events taking place in our nation and around the world, as well as the increasing evil that threatens to engulf us. I thought too about the many personal challenges and disappointments that have been wearing me down of late. 

And then I thought of the many tiny sparks of light shining through the darkness, the reminders that God is in control and at work behind the scenes. The amazing rescue of a newborn infant, still attached to her mother by her umbilical cord, from beneath the rubble of the devastating earthquake in Syria; the fires of revival ignited at Asbury University in Kentucky; to name a few.

On a personal level, even amidst the daily battles, there have been many blessings big and small, as well as many more I take for granted. 

Jigsaw puzzles help me relax and unwind. As I work on putting together the many pieces, I like to think of God as working on a giant puzzle too. 

Unlike me, however, He sees the whole picture from beginning to end. One day, when His plan has been completed, we will see that the many pieces that make no sense now will interlock perfectly, the way He intended.

Somewhere I saw this little prayer that I jotted down, but can't remember the source. I wish I did so I could give them credit. Hopefully they won't mind me sharing it anyway.

Father, even in times of darkness, Your kingdom is 
still advancing. Help us fix our eyes on what You 
are doing, and not just on the surrounding evil.

11 comments:

  1. I like your thoughts on the many sparks of light in the darkness. They are there.
    That's a pretty puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ths little poem is really good advice. Your puzzle looks so hard to work, because it all looks the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Unlike me, however, He sees the whole picture from beginning to end. One day, when His plan has been completed, we will see that the many pieces that make no sense now will interlock perfectly, the way He intended." I love this, Sandra. One day it will all make sense. Visiting from #16 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayer too. I must fix my eyes on Him... one day we will all understand.
    A great prompt "many"
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many things could be written about many, but I will say that I think you done a fine job with the prompt. So many problems in our world, but He is the answer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you said that God is working on a giant puzzle and He sees the whole picture. I often find myself becoming discouraged because I don't understand what He is doing. But, He knows what is best for us. Visiting from FMF #8

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true that God sees the big picture - I don't think we can cope with it, so He gives us little bits at a time. Thank you for your inspiring post, Sandra. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Puzzles are a big deal in my family. My dad seems to always have a work in progress on the dining room table. This thought reminds me that God can see the whole picture when we only see disjointed pieces.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts and faith through words! ~Lisa (#10 FMF)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This reminds me of Corrie ten Boom's remarks of us seeing the underside of embroidery work with all the crisscrossed threads and knots, but God sees the beautiful picture on the topside. May the Lord strengthen and encourage your heart today, Sandra. And may He give you wisdom regarding the personal challenges, and grace regarding the disappointments. {Big Hug}

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't see the ways and means,
    can't see why the nice folk die,
    can't see why the shattered dreams,
    but the problem's in my eye,
    'cause God can view the whole shebang
    from the head down to the toes,
    and He does not have to hang
    bifocals on His holy nose,
    so I guess that I will just
    let go of my need to know
    and instead will place my trust
    into the God who made the show,
    and now, if all of that's quite clear,
    I am gonna have a beer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A thoughtful post. It is good to see you here. Thank you and have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.