2/11/23

ACCESS

 

This post was written for Five Minute Friday
Word prompt--ACCESS
Five minutes to free write about it
----------------------------------------------------------

The word ACCESS makes me think, with much gratitude, of all the things technology has enabled me to access. Doors opened I never would have dreamed of.  

Livestream, for instance, has made it possible for me to attend live events being held in places all over the world, while Zoom has enabled me to participate in groups composed of friends and family gathered together despite their diverse locations. Who would have thought?

ACCESS also makes me think of what I have access to in the spiritual realm through the blood Jesus shed on the cross to redeem us of our sins. This great gift of salvation opens the door for anyone who receives it to gain access to the Father and to eternal life. 

------------------------------------------------

God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. -- John 3:17, NLT

Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. -- John 14:6, NLT

so he explained it to them: "I tell you the truith, I am the gate for the sheep. ... Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved. They will come and go freely and will find good pastures. -- John 10:7, 9, NLT

Therefore, since we have been made right in God's sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God's glory. -- Romans 5:1-2, NLT

Now all of us can come to the Father through the same Holy Spirit because of what Christ has done for us. -- Ephesians 2:18, NLT

And so, dear brothers and sisters, we can boldly enter heaven's Most Holy Place because of the blood of Jesus. By his death, Jesus opened a new and life-giving way through the curtain into the Most Holy Place. And since we have a great High Priest who rules over God's house, let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting him. For our guilty consciences have been sprinkled with Christ's blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water. -- Hebrews 10:19-22, NLT

So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.-- Hebrews 4:16, NLT

9 comments:

  1. Great devotional, you sureknow how to write them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know how to livestream,
    never learned to Zoom,
    but I get to live the dream
    with folks right in this room,
    the myriad of canines
    with whom I share my life,
    and not forgetting tie that binds,
    I should mention my wife.
    I don't even use the phone,
    I've got no-one to call,
    but as you see I'm not alone,
    I really have it all,
    and I'm so glad God placed it here,
    everything that I hold dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true, technology has provided access to a lot of great opportunities, but getting access to God through Jesus is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so grateful for the internet and Zoom. It has put me in touch with so many wonderful people. I am , of course, more than grateful for my relationship with our Lord. He's always there and I can "access" Him all the time. Good post...
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so thankful for the internet. It has connected me to so many amazing people, including you, dear Sandra.
    I subscribe to a Youtuber that helps me journey deeper into daily prayer.

    Hugs and blessings, dearest friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.