2/5/23

IGNORE



Th
is post was written for Five Minute Friday
Word prompt--IGNORE
Five minutes to free write about it
----------------------------------------------------------

I was going to ignore this week's prompt because my mind drew a blank when I saw it. However, it seems the Lord had other plans.

During my quiet time this morning my thoughts refused to be still. They kept ruminating on my feelings of exasperation at not being able to get through to someone I've been praying for who is waging a very real battle against the lies of the enemy, and who keeps ignoring the need to be persistent in her efforts. Scriptures, devotionals, testimonies, have all been ignored when they don't produce instant results. 

And then, the image of a fist with one finger pointing towards her and four pointing back at me popped into mind. Do I not also ignore signs and my better judgment, and keep repeating destructive habits over and over? And yet God does not get exasperated with me. He is patient, and longsuffering, and never gives up on me.

I have not given up on my friend either, and continue to pray for her, but have also released her into God's hands. Neither one of us will have victory over the things that bind us if we try to wage our battle in our own strength. Only the Lord can set us free, and only when we are willing to surrender to Him and trust Him to do what He has promised in His time and in His way.

-----------------------
Photo by Micaela Parente on Unsplash

9 comments:

  1. Such true words. Many times I find that I am struggling with the same thing that I see others doing that I am ignoring in my own life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you decided to write! I'm glad God is persistent and that he doesn't give up on us or our loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true, Sandra. I love the balance here between giving up altogether and trying too hard - healthy boundaries, understanding your own limits. That's something God has helped me understand in a similar relationship. Thanks for sharing. Kath, visiting from FMF #20 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you have a really good attitude about this. I hope she realizes before it's too late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 💙

    Amen. Only the Lord can truly call someone too Himself. I have to remember that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes and amen..We don't wage the battle. The battle belongs to the Lord.
    Sometimes its so difficult to get out of the way and let God do the work.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true, Sandra, only surrender will bring victory! Keep praying, your helping hold her arms up in the battle towards release!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen, Sandra.
    Keep praying and God will take over.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.