10/1/22

THE ROAD AHEAD




Th
is post was written for Five Minute Friday
Word prompt--ROAD 
Five minutes to free write about it
----------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday was my birthday. It was not a day of celebration. Plans to go out for dinner with my family to one of my favorite neighborhood restaurants had to be canceled at the last minute in favor of alternating heating pad and ice packs to relieve the spasms in my shoulder and back. 

I almost started writing this post last night, focusing on what an inauspicious start this new year had gotten off to, but instead, I chose to be grateful that I had made it through another year and to be thankful for my many blessings--including all of you you have been praying for me. I truly appreciate those prayers and believe they are in the process of being answered. 

As a little update, in the week since my last FMF post, REPRESENT, the Lord has done some amazingly WOW!!! things that only He could do, and although the aches and pains are not gone, they are decreasing some, and I'm starting to feel stronger and more optimistic that this too shall pass. 

My steps may still falter, and I may not know what lies ahead on this abrupt bend in the road that took me so by surprise, but I know who holds tomorrow in His hands and continue to keep my trust in Him as I set out on one more lap around the sun.

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! 🥳 I’m so sorry you didn’t feel up to enjoying your celebration. I pray you will be feeling much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you weren't able to celebrate as you wanted too, but so glad you are doing better. And isn't it such a blessing to know the Lord is in charge and you can trust Him?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday sister Sandra! It was a special day you missed celebrating. But it's never too late to do it again when you're able to. Praying you'll feel better in no time & that His healing will take away those aches & pains. It's not fun to be in pain but most of the time, I like to think that God is saving anyone for missed appointments. God bless you, heal you & strengthen you🙏 - Rosel (Off The Beaten Trek)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to you!
    May comfort and joy
    run the next year through,
    to be in your employ!
    May each ache and pain
    fade quickly away
    forfend to remain
    for even one day.
    May blessing and light
    surround your life-path
    to be yours by right,
    and give you a laugh
    as you then realize
    the twinkle in God's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are feeling a bit better. I'm sorry that the heating pad was all the celebration you could do. Continued prayers that the big dips in the road and your life will become smoother.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pray God's strength for you, Sandra, (1 Pet 5:10) as you begin your next lap around the sun. I'm glad things have improved since last week too. I will continue to pray. Visiting from #3 this week. Kath

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday! I'm sorry that you couldn't celebrate as you hoped. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Sandra! May the Lord continue to strengthen and encourage your heart! Just as it says in Psalm 100 to enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; you have entered your new year thanking and praising Him. I pray the Lord continues to heal you physically, strengthens your bones, releases the pain and muscle spasms, and restores equilibrium. May He continue to refresh you in His Presence, Sandra, and give you peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa -- what is your blog? I've been wanting to visit, but when I click on your name it takes me to a page that just says how long you've been on blogger, but no link to your actual blog.

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday! May God continue to bless you so you can continue to bless others!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, and I am so sorry you had to postpone your outing. Hope you feel better today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.