10/16/22

EAT LOCAL READ LOCAL 2022

 

Thanks to the help of my amazing daughter (who also took this picture), and to some heavy-duty prayer the night before when it felt as though I might have to cancel, I was able to attend my first book fair since before the pandemic. 



Not only did the Lord bless us with perfect weather for this outdoor event, but he enabled me to enjoy it pain-free, which was a miracle I was very grateful for.

Maggie Phalen and her team at Cascades Library did a wonderful job coordinating the event--setting up the tents and providing tables, chairs, tablecloths, clips to hold the cloths down in case of wind, signs, water, coffee, and breakfast. All we had to do was show up with our books.

Unfortunately, I did not think to take pictures, but some of the highlights (other than meeting interesting people and selling books), were the two enterprising young girls who were making the rounds collecting signatures in case any of us became famous authors down the road, and a very distinguished looking Indian family with two beautiful young daughters dressed in colorful, festive, traditional attire complete with head adornments, who decided to stop by to check us out after a special event they were coming home from.


The biggest hit at my table was The Old Gray Dog, a book I wrote for my daughter about her beloved Benji shortly before he crossed the rainbow bridge. His face on the cover drew even people who weren't buying, to stop and check it out. That and the basket of lollipops, haha.

It was a very delightful afternoon, and I'm so glad I chose to pray instead of cancel the night before.

3 comments:

  1. I am thrilled for you. God heard your cries and answered.
    What a wonderful book faire. The organizers certainly went all out to make it wonderful for all of you.
    Love the thought of the two girls collecting "famous" autographs..
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had good weather and no pain!
    The picture of Benji is so cute! I can see why people checked it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it was a delightful afternoon for you, Sandra.
    Love that cute picture of Benji.

    Hugs and blessings 💐

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.