10/10/22

A BELATED BIRTHDAY UPDATE


Two FMF posts ago I posted about my birthday that had started out most inauspiciously (The Road Ahead). 

That Sunday, however, I was feeling a little better, so two of my granddaughters organized a birthday lunch with all the trimmings and brought it over to my apartment for a belated celebration. My daughter came as well, and we enjoyed a fun afternoon of pizza and games. 












In addition to the birthday balloons that the granddaughters brought with them, we had a backdrop of colorful cards sent by friends and family, and a beautiful bouquet of flowers from one of my neighbors.













The two youngest great-grands loved playing with the contents of this large box I had filled with packages of a Dollar Tree  construction toy similar to Tinkertoy many years ago when my grandchildren were little. It was one of their favorite things to play with every time they came to visit. Oh my heart, to now watch 
their children (my great-grands) enjoying it as much as their moms had. 






Then we played with a board game my oldest great-granddaughter had made. She had even written out instructions on how to play it. 











By then it was time for everyone to go home, but before leaving, my granddaughter (who has the two girls) had one more gift for me. This cute little carton of eggs their chickens had laid.  

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your birthday was fun and worked out well. And especially that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gift of time and family you had for your birthday. Glad you were well enough to enjoy it.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. As far as birthdays go...this celebration couldn't be better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun time with family! That's the best.
    I've never seen such a little carton of eggs. It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet SWEET time! Happy belated birthday!!! So YOU are a September Sister too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had fun with your dear family :) Darling photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra~ Happy belated birthday! What a thoughtful thing for your granddaughters and daughter did for your birthday! Their smiles, and your smile tells it all. I'm looking forward to grandchildren...I love that yours play with the same toys your girls played with.

    On my blog you asked if the photo was of a bison...it was a moose, we have a lot of them here in Idaho! Have a wonderful day! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra, what beautiful photos of your birthday celebration. You are very blessed to have such a caring family. I am going through some trials at the moment too, but just as He does with you the Lord speaks to us through our trials. I have a little picture on my bedside cabinet of a beautiful rose, with the words ' I will love Thee O Lord my strength' written on it. That is exactly Who He is - our strength in our trials. God bless you with all He has for us in Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photos of your beautiful family, Sandra.
    Happy Belated Birthday! 🎂

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.