10/22/22

TESTIMONY



Th
is post was written for Five Minute Friday
Word prompt--TESTIMONY
Five minutes to free write about it
----------------------------------------------------------

Picking a testimony to write about felt a little overwhelming. There have been so many over the years. Just the fact that I am still here and have lived to see three generations is quite a major one. There was a time when my two children were young that I didn't think I would live long enough to see them grow up and had plans legalized for who would take care of them if/when I was gone. By the grace of God, however, not only have I seen them grow up, but He has allowed me to enjoy seven grandchldren and five great-grands (soon to be six) as well. Who would have thought.

My most important testimony, though, is about my salvation experience, because it was so improbable. God went to great lengths to rescue me out of a very dark place that I thought was full of light. That is all documented in my memoir--Sincerely Wrong--but some time before that, I had written a four part testimony on one of my old blogs, At the Foot of the Cross. I thought it was on this blog too, but it isn't, so I had to go looking for it. 

If you are interested in reading that original testimony, here is the link to Part 1. Each part links to the next one at the bottom of the post.

I miss that old blog, and when I was looking through it, I thought of last week's challenge, COMPROMISE, which I did not participate in, and felt as though that's what I did when I redirected everything to this blog. And yet, not everythig I post here seems appropriate to post there.  It's a dilemma.

Ideally, I would like to be able to combine instead of redirect, but I am really techno challenged. If any of you have any suggestions, please share, and I thank you in advance.

15 comments:

  1. I'm so thankful He chose to make us apart of His family, Sandra! Rejoicing with you for the blessing of raising your two children, and meeting your seven grandchildren, and six great-grands! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't one of my better sonnets, so I pulled it. Just too rough a day for writing.

      Delete
    2. I loved it, Andrew. Glad I saved it before you removed it.

      Delete
  3. You have always been a great inspiration to me, Sandra.

    Hugs and blessings 💐

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra~ Thank you for sharing your testimony...it helped strengthen mine. Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speak your testimony,
    speak it loud and clear;
    the world may leave you lonely,
    but speak it with no fear,
    for out there someone listens,
    held hostage to their fate,
    and every tear that glistens
    mocks with "It's too late!"
    until your words break through the wall
    and cuts away the chains
    set to the sound of trumpet-call,
    the onset of spring rains
    that cleanse the soul for Risen King
    with words that only you can bring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrew, for both sonnets. I loved the one you removed as well, and saved it in the nick of time. It really touches me that you have it within you to bless each one of us with these personal poems despite what you are going through. That also is a huge testimony and inspiration.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing part of your testimony! I'm glad you've been blessed with so many grandchildren and great grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra, I just thought I would come over to visit your blog, and when I read your sentence about 'the plans' you had, the verse ' Many are the plans of a man's mind, but the Lord directs his path.' came straight into my mind. I make no plans, and leave them all to the Lord. We need be anxious for nothing when we are part of the body of Christ on earth. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing your testimony. Beautifully written and so true. The Lord does restore what the locust tried to destroy.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.