9/13/21

QUIET


Today is Day 1 of a five day Instagram challenge initiated by #hopewriterlife. The word prompt is QUIET.

Using my cellphone to write a post directly on Instagram is a novel experience. Quite a challenging one at that, as I try to type the words on a small on screen keyboard.

My first thought was, where does one go to find quiet? A library? A cemetery? A monastery? The great outdoors? Even my empty home is a quiet place, but not so my mind. 

My mind, of late, seems to be in constant overdrive. It's like a sponge absorbing all the drama surrounding me and adding it to my already turbulent thoughts.













Psalm 46:10 says, "Be still, and know that I am God!" The closest I've come to that exhortation is on the rare occasion I'm up early enough to witness the break of dawn.

5 comments:

  1. These are all perfect for this subject. A library, cemetery, quiet lake. And also a wonderful bible verse to pair it with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A monastery"

    This appeals to me, though I'm not sure why.

    I like to get up super early too. It started when my kids were young and it was the only part of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the only quiet part of the day, I meant to say.

      Delete
  3. Dawn is the perfect time to be quiet with the Lord. I try but my thoughts seem to get in the way...
    Quiet is a great subject for your writing...all of your choices work. I don't think we are wired to be quiet for very long.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - daybreak does seem to be the quietest time of the day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.