8/8/21

GETTING FROM HERE TO THERE


This post was written for Five Minute Friday
Word prompt--FROM
Five minutes to free write about it.
---------------------------

Wish I could remember which Livestream I heard these encouraging words on so that I could credit the pastor who uttered them. His message provided just the reminder I needed to lift me out of my funk.

This world is not our home. We will face trials and tribulations as we travel from where we are to where God wants us to be. However, He has promised to be with us, and is just as present in the journey as in the destination.

When the going gets rough, instead of feeling overwhelmed or discouraged, we need to lift up our eyes to the One our help comes from, and remember that He is in control.

---------------------------

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is
the strength of my heart and my portion
forever. -- (Psalm 73:26 ESV)

...from everlasting to everlasting you are
God. -- (Psalm 90:1 ESV)

I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where
does my help come? My help comes from
the LORD, who made heaven and earth.
. . . The LORD will keep your going out
and your coming in from this time forth
and evermore. -- (Psalm 121:1-2,8 ESV)

When you pass through the waters, I will
be with you; and through the rivers, they
shall not overwhelm you; when you walk
through fire you shall not be burned, and
the flame shall not consume you.
(Isaiah 43:2 ESV)

Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when
I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness,
the LORD will be a light to me.
(Micah 7:8)

7 comments:

  1. Yes, this world is not our home. And it is a good thing, considering how some people are acting right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God promises he never leaves us ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing that God is holding us up, helps us make it through hard times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes and amen to those promises.
    True Hope
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a comfort! Remember that old song - This world is not my home? It's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen, Sandra. Such comforting words - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful comforting words you have shared. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.