8/15/21

ACCOUNTABLE

This post was written for Five Minute Friday
Word prompt--ACCOUNTABLE
Five minutes to free write about it.
---------------------------

One day I will be accountable to God for what I have done with the time and talents He gave me. 

My mind is full of regrets over poor choices made and squandered opportunities. I think of the parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector in Luke 18:10-14, identifying with the tax collector who would not look up, but beat his breast and asked God to have mercy upon him, a sinner. 

And then I think of the words in Psalm 139:16--All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be--which reminds me that we are all Divine originals, created by God for a special purpose. The fact that I am still here means He is not done with me yet, and He has me exactly where I need to be for this particular moment in His plan.

God's ways are not our ways, and His thoughts are not our thoughts (Isaiah 55:8-9). My self worth is not determined by how other people see me, or by my perceived successes or failures. God does not measure success in numbers. If I reach that one person He intended for me to reach, bring hope to that one discouraged heart, or lead that one soul out of darkness to the foot of the Cross, my purpose will have been accomplished.

The very things I feel most remorseful about are the very things that led me to Jesus. Had it been otherwise, would I ever have felt a need for His saving grace? Perhaps success and fulfilled dreams would have led to a life spent chasing after the things this world has to offer instead of those that have eternal value--a greater tragedy by far.
-----------------------------
Image courtesy of Sweet Publishing / FreeBibleimages.org

9 comments:

  1. A perfect read for me today. Thank you for honestly sharing your thoughts so publicly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and the Lord knows all..Looking forward and looing up...Hope !
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your thoughts today. I think we have all felt the same way a time or two...or a million. I am so thankful for the Atonement. Grateful for a Savior who loves me, understand all of my pain, trials and heartaches, and has given me second chances more time than I would like to admit. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so grateful for Jesus and the fact that he prepaid for all of us. Thank you for the reminder. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again, Sandra.

    gallimaufry
    /ˌɡalɪˈmɔːfri/
    noun
    a confused jumble or medley of things.

    Haha, that's what my blog is - a jumbled mess of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whenever I recall the terrible choices I have made, I am remorseful but also so grateful for Grace that pulled me through. It's also a reminder for me to be more understanding of other people's choices.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.