9/7/20

DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ




Ants in certain areas of my apartment have been an ongoing problem and normally I use a boric acid concoction to get rid of them. It is a bit messy though, so when I spotted this blurb about how effective cucumber peels are, I went straight to the store to buy me some cucumbers.

I peeled the cukes, and put the peels on my window sills and on my balcony.




































At first they seemed to be working great, but by the end of the day the peels started to wither, and about two days after that, the windowsill ants had returned.

The peels on the balcony did not work at all.

What sounded like a clean,  easy solution wasn't, so it's back to my tried and true recipe once again.


2 comments:

  1. Too bad! They say that ants hate coffee grounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outside, we use diatomaceous earth. The downside is when it rains or gets blown away by the wind. I try to resort to natural ways of getting rid of them than use chemicals, too. Sometimes, I use a mixture of water with either eucalyptus oil.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.