10/3/19

POP QUIZ


Will yesterday go down as a dreadful day full of stressful trials and tribulations? Or as pop quiz day to test my reactions to a series of unexpected events (see questions below?

1.  Would I choose to focus on the unpleasantness of waking up with an upset stomach, or on the blessing that it did not last long?

2. Would I choose to focus on the frustration of lengthy delays that caused me to spend way more time away from work than anticipated, or on the blessing of sudden prompts to eat something before picking my friend up for her colonoscopy, and to throw a bag of chips into my bag as I left the house?

3. Would I choose to focus on the ridiculousness of a radiology technician telling me she was not allowed to answer a simple question as to whether or not an x-ray could show if a finger was dislocated, or on the blessing of a friendly anesthesiologist who assured me it could?

4. Would I choose to focus on angry or resentful feelings when my friend unnecessarily rolled down my car window and then couldn't roll it back up again, or on the blessing that she felt so convinced it was her fault the mechanism broke, that despite my protests, she insisted on helping me pay for the expensive repair which undoubtedly would soon have been needed anyway?

5. Would I choose to focus on the uncomfortability of having to drive with open windows instead of AC in temperatures well up in the 90's, or on the blessing that traffic was moving despite rush hour, that air was blowing into the car, and that the mechanic was sill open when we got there?

It wasn't easy, but I think I passed the test. And, as a side note, the day was not without humor. These two signs at the hospital gave me a chuckle.

5 comments:

  1. You have really had a rough day! But it is the way we handle things like this that are important. And you get an A+! I always try to focus on what to be thankful for, instead of the bad things. Being thankful brings joy! So did you have the X-Ray? What is the diagnosis of your finger, and what did they do? How did you hurt it anyway? Even after a day like you had, you managed to find these amusing signs for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you passed the test too.
    Those signs are crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you definitely passed the test, a good example for us all :) Interesting signs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. #3...I'd have to answer YES!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ginny, I wasn't able to get an X-ray because I didn't have an order for one. However, when I came back from my birthday road trip, I went to see a hand doctor, and he took an X-ray and said it wasn't the finger that was dislocated, but rather, a tendon that had popped out of place. So he gave me a small brace to wear for four weeks and felt that should put it back in place. (I put a picture on my Glimpses of God's Grace blog--https://glimpsegodgrace.blogspot.com/2019/10/83.html because I was so happy it didn't involve anything painful, me being such a wimp.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.