10/16/19

BIRTHDAY ROAD TRIP--PART 2

At first it seemed we would not be able to visit my friend on this trip due to a prior commitment she had made. I was so disappointed. The last time we had seen each other was almost a year-and-a-half ago when she came to stay with me following my open heart surgery, and I've often wished I could visit her too.

The Lord, however, had a wonderful surprise in store.

As I was getting ready to leave my apartment, the phone rang. It was my friend calling to let me know her commitment had just been unexpectedly cancelled, and if it wasn't too late, she would love to see us.




After lunch with my son and family (see Part 1), we drove to Long Island, and what a happy reunion we had. I loved my friend's new home and community. Descriptions and pictures had not done it justice at all.













































After dinner, we took a little walk around the neighborhood, and the next morning we visited some places in the area before heading home--Reeves Beach, Jedediah Hawkins Hotel, and my favorite, Van Der Ber's Garden Center, which will get a post of its own.




Bocce ball court

3 comments:

  1. Looks like she lives in a beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you've had a great time! Hope your leg is doing ok after the bite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I happened upon your lovely place and I'm following along with you.

    Looks like you enjoyed a wonderful time and get together.

    The Lord bless you~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.