9/15/26

THANKFUL TUESDAY

 

Stories transform. Stories help people
believe that change is possible. ... The
setbacks. The failures. The disappoint-
ments. The moments you wanted to 
quit. Those become the bridges that 
help someone else cross over.
(Les Brown)



Today (actually yesterday, since I am writing this in the wee hours of the morning) was a cross over day. for me. A day with so many unexpected little God winks in it, my heart feels full to overflowing. Little things like following the Lord's prompt to text a  friend I had gone to school with and who I hadn't been in touch with for a long time. I did not realize she was going through a very difficult time, but He did, and He gave me just the right words to send her. Her response about how wonderful it is when an old old friend reappears in one's life when they need it the most and  how I had done that for her, made my heart skip with happy beats.

Today it is my own story that has helped me believe that change is possible. I was reading some of the posts I shared on my other blog--At the Foot of the Cross--when I was feeling discouraged and ready to give up.  But mixed in with the frustration there were many blessings as well (some of which I've shared on this blog too).

It reminded me of  another quote from one of my devotionals about how man's disappoint-ments are often God's appointments, and the things we think are  tragic are often the doors through which He chooses to exhibit His love and grace. How true!

Today was a day that had me thanking God for all my many blessings and singing this song which has now become embedded in my mind. 

 

13 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a wonderful day! I love that statement about our disappointments being God's appointments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear friend! I found your post using my new blog reader! (Blogger's has been dead for a week now)
    I am very happy you had a great day! And I agree with what Mari said, I also love the statement about our disappointments being God's appointments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this beautiful day you had. Blogger has been very finicky lately. I'm hoping it will all sort itself out soon. Mine seems to be having a good time at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really resonates with me. We have been going through such financial difficulties and yesterday it was happening again. We were seeking medical financial assistance again. Our previous time is expiring. Instead of getting 100% help we can only get 50% help. We missed the cut off by $300.00 ... Both Hubby and I were really down in the dumps and then I began to think and thank the Lord for this past year and all the help at 100% Kaisers Dime. All of the home health aid people and services and trips to ER and meds we could have never paid for were taken care of. God seemed to say that He's got this next year in his hands and , there's that word again, TRUST ... This is going to be a living on the Edge kind of year.
    I love that song about counting our blessings.
    Thanks for sharing
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we can never guess why God has sent certain things in our life. But He has really good reasons way beyond our understanding. I'm so glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful writing, but I wish you would sleep at night. Sleep at night is important for the health of the whole body and mind.
    God can turn bad things into blessings, but He does not send bad things, as the Bible says, that there is no darkness in Him and He does not tempt anyone. God's blessing on your every day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you!! I will sharing my witness on Sunday with a group of women I am in a Bible study with. I am nervous, but I know it will be healing for me. And hopefully help another.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. GGG - thought I would drop in and see what you are up to. Love your statement about disappointments often being God's appointments. So true!

    Also, I don't know what I clicked on, but suddenly was on your Amazon Author Home Page. I was very interested in reading your bio and realized I did not know you were a published author - and photographer. I guess I have not been paying close attention. Congratulations on your accomplishments. Keep sharing your story. Someone needs to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boa tarde, Sandra
    É uma bênção deixar o Senhor nos usar. Ele nos anima sempre. Esse louvor é lindo. Que sejamos sempre gratos. Um forte abraço.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's wonderful and thank you for sharing this Sandra. Such an uplifting post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! Oh, I love and treasure days like this and I love God winks for sure. Have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reading this made me pause and think about how often God turns our struggles into bridges for others. I’m so glad you had a day filled with “God winks” -- those little moments of grace that remind us He is near.
    What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thinking of you today, Sandra. Just thought I'd stop by!
    I haven't blogged here in a while. Just taking a break.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.