9/14/26

IS BLOGGER DEAD?

 Is Blogger dead? 

I had been using my Blogger Reading List to get notified when people I follow write a new post, but then I noticed that it had started listing posts out of sequence. Like posts that were written days ago and posts written only hours ago were all mixed up, so there were posts I missed because I thought I was all caught up and didn't realize there were more recent posts further down the list.

And now, as of last night, I'm not seeing anything new--not even when I look up a specific blogger. The only way I can see new posts is if I look up a  specific person, scroll down to the end of the old post that comes up, click on Newer Post at the bottom of it, and then keep repeating that until there are no more newer post links. to click on 

How about you? What do you all use to see what your blog friends are posting?

I honestly don't have it in me to switch to a different blogging venue at this point, and am seriously considering whether or not it's worth continuing to blog if it's going to be such a hassle, and AI and algorithms are going to decide who if anyone gets to see the post. That's how it is on Facebook and Instagram, but I didn't think Blogger did that as well. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm seeing so many people having trouble with blogger. I quit using it several years ago when it had a glitch and lost all my feeds. I use something called Feedly which seems to be on top of things in notifying me of new posts. It sure is frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Blogger list on my sidebar. And the same thing has been going on. It will say it is an older post, when in fact it is new! So this is what I do. I just go down the list and go to each one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having the same problems. I am doing as Ginny is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Blogger's reader list has been dead for a week now! You can use Feedly or The Old Reader (check out their websites in Google), both are free to use!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.