This post was written for Five Minute Friday
Word prompt--BOUNDARY
Five minutes to free-write about it
-------------------------------------------------
This summer was a mix of unexpected frustrations and unexpected blessings,.
The word prompt, boundary, got me to thinking of the times I felt frustrated because something I expected didn't turn out the way I expected it to, or afraid because I had to face something scary that caught me by surprise (like my unexpected trip to the hospital in May). It also had me thinking of the times when things happened I did not expect--often as a result of what did not look so good at first--that were like huge God winks reminding me that He is the God of the impossible, and there are no boundaries around what He can do.
It was a time of learning to trust Him more and to let go and rest in Him instead of trying to be in control. A time of learning to look up instead of around, and not try to put Him in a box. A time to accept that His ways and His timing are always best.
And then, before I even had a chance to write down my thoughts, came the test. The test to see how real my trust really was when I was pressed. Would I cave under the pressure, or would I have peace knowing that my God, who has no boundaries, is truly in total control.
The test was in the form of a phone call about a very frustrating issue that I had been unable to resolve, and I failed it miserably. Instead of turning it over to God, I tried once again for the umpteenth time, to try and take care of it myself, only to get so frustrated I had a huge meltdown on the phone.
I am so grateful that God did not treat me the way I deserved. I am so grateful for His mercy and grace, that He is so longsuffering, and that instead of giving up on me He extended unmerited favor by using a very kind, caring, empathetic lady to come up with an alternate plan that although it didn't right the wrong, circumvented it, and wound up being an even better plan than the original one I was trying so hard to enforce.

Hi dear Sandra, I had difficulties in making comments on blogs for over a day, I had made a post on my blog telling people this. Thankfully the comments are back up and working now!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing your thoughts and experience! Yes, God is amazing! He is loving and merciful.
God's ways are not like ours, and beyond our understanding. And it can be hard to turn everything over to Him!
ReplyDeleteGreat insights in your writing. Indeed, God can use other people as His tools. Trust in God sometimes needs to be learned, including me. It is always rewarding. He acts so gently that if we rush and stress, we may not notice His great work. Have a nice Sunday.
ReplyDeleteI'm right there with you an Trust ...
ReplyDeleteWhy do I give things to Him and then keep taking them back? Too human and have those frailties.
I just have to Press On as you are doing. I love that the Lord gave you a wonderful person to help you through with a better plan.
Sue
Sandra, your words remind me how patient God is with us. Even when we stumble, He gently redirects us and provides better solutions than we could imagine. Thank you for sharing this testimony -- it strengthens my own trust in Him.
ReplyDeleteThank you Sandra. Very uplifting!
ReplyDeleteThank you .... this is something I am currently working on. Not ME in control, but God.
ReplyDeleteIt's so hard to let Him be in control. Thanks for sharing so honestly, Sandra. I'm glad the solution came forth through all of that. Kath
ReplyDeleteThank you for this beautiful post. So much of it was very relatable. Since you wrote this a little while ago, I’m wondering how this week has been for you. I hope things have been a little easier.
ReplyDelete